Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WWS Sighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was in my kitchen
after work last night
and something caught
my eye outside my kitchen window.................





I got a closer look through
my rose bush and there it was..........




The visitor was on my chair..........









and in my little porch garden!!!!!







Yes, it was a pleasant sighting of this mystery Western Washington Sunshine (WWS)
It catches us off guard here in Washington when the sun does appear. For example, when a lady I talked to yesterday from Texas is in her kitchen window I doubt very much if looking out her window she is shocked by seeing our visitor there. But in Washington, it's a very different experience. At work we are just minding our own business doing our work when all of a sudden this visitor appears and it takes our breath away and we make comments like "Look the sun is trying to shine" "Wow, it's a clear sky!" Ten minutes later, it's "Where did the sun go? I thought it was supposed to be nice today?" So you see that here in Washington when the rare visitor appears, it's party time! Get out the suntan lotion and put a shrimp on the barbie because it's summertime. Then it's time to go back to work because your break is over and the clouds have come back! Well, we are thankful for these special visitors that are borrowed from those sunshine states! They just take it for granted having this special visitor, but in Washington we LOVE our visitor and we will ALWAYS love and appreciate it everytime it comes, even if it is just for a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment