Monday, June 9, 2008

Great Weekend





It was a very nice weekend! Friday, all to myself, just doing stuff around the house and then a little shopping! Saturday LarBear and I went to a Destruction Derby! I love going to these. It's crazy, but I grew up with all brother and lots of cars. I admit that I am a lead foot, and watching cars race around the track crashing into each other is quite a thrill for me! Then there is the roll over contest where they roll the car on purpose and get points for each side that they hit. a complete rollover is 4 points! Then there is the fire on the track and the siren goes off and everyone comes running to put out the fire and make sure every one is ok. The green flag waves and off they go again. The figure 8 race is always a trill with 8 to 10 cars going around and barely missing each other, or not! With all the rain we had this weekend, the track was oozing with mud! We were on the front row and got to see the mud flying right in front of us as the cars came sliding around the corner. It was amazing that they were able to get out of it. There goes another car without it tire, amazing how they keep going, but out on the road we can't move with that flat tire!! The throphy girl gets out of the fancy truck to give the muddy driver the throphy and a big hug, gets back into the truck and checks out her WHITE jacket to see if he got mud on her!!!! WHITE? REALLY? The last event of the night is all out craziness! About 20 cars come out and the green flag waves and it's last car moving is the winner. They show no mercy and by the time it's all over the cars are so mangled, then the tow trucks come out and sort out the mess. All of a sudden a car will start up with smoke rolling out from the hood and it moves, the crowd cheers as one survives and is able to drive off the track on its own!!! Crazy entertainment, but I love it!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love D-derbys too. There is just something so fun about all the damage being caused. I would love to go down and crash things myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure how I feel about the derby, but I cannot knock it til I try it I guess????

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should do a family night out and all go. They have them every 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete