Thursday, June 19, 2008




I am very thankful for my husband. He decided that I needed to have hand rails put up our two stair cases due to my bad knee. It was so sweet of him to even think of doing that! I am hoping that after my surgery in two weeks that I won't need them, but it was awesome that he even thought of it without me asking!
The funny thing is that my husband is NOT a handyman! He does not do mechanical things at all and he hates having to put things together or do anything crafty! He measured wrong and cut off too much of the rail and had to take it off that wall and put it on the shorter wall and he was SO frustrated. He didn't like the stud finder and thought it didn't work, but it was just that he didn't know how to use it! It was all forgotten when the job was done, but I thought I would go nuts before it was done! I was very proud of him AFTER the job was done!
One time he decided that he was going to caulk our window outside because it was leaking. He was out there quite a while and I about died laughing when he came inside. He was covered from head to toe with white caulk. I asked why he had it all over himself. He showed me the caulking gun and it had oozed out from every seam but the end where it should have come from.... HE DIDN'T CUT THE TIP OFF THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crafts are NOT his thing and that was a craft!! I will never forget how funny that was, even though he was trying so hard to be a handyman! I am thankful for him inspite of the fact that he isn't all that handy. He makes up for it in his love and his sacrifice for me. He is a good man and I am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Men!! Lar-Bar is trying at least.. Some men don't even try.

    ReplyDelete