Wednesday, June 18, 2008

FRONT PORCH

I love sitting on my front porch after work, even though there is a ton of traffic going by, it is so nice to just sit out there and watch the birds fight over their food and take a dip in their pool of water and take a bath! We BBQ burgers and sat at the table and talked for a spell. The sun was shinning, (for a change) and it just made me happy. My flowers are blooming in my flower pots and my strawberry's are starting to take off. Larry doesn't like my little patio garden, but I LIKE IT and it makes me happy. Last night one of the little birds hit the kitchen window and it stunned the poor little girl. She let me pick her up and hold her and didn't even want me to put her down. Took about 20 minutes for her to get it together and fly off.... yeah she was OK. I think about how the Bible says that God knows when one of the little birds go down and that HE cares for us even more than the birds. As I thought about how I felt sorry for the little bird I was reminded of how much more God cares for me when I fall and make bad choices, HE picks me up and cares for me and shows me love. That's awesome! I needed to be reminded of that!

2 comments:

  1. I need to be reminded of that too!!! So thanks!!! Your patio sounds so nice and relaxing!!!
    I love your sense of humor.. the candy post was really funny.. let us know how that goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bird bath. At least I thought it was, apparently it's another dog bowl. Yup, I can't even keep water in it. I fill it up and the dogs go right over and start lapping it up. They walk right through my garden to do this...I'm contemplating a small fence to keep them out! Maybe then I can get a bird or two to show up.

    ReplyDelete