Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day!

What I wouldn't give to have my Father here and be able to spend the day with him and give him hugs. It has been since 1980 since my Father passed away. It seems like a million years ago, but I remember him as if it was yesterday. He was such an awesome dad. I don't ever remember him raising his voice and he was the most kindest person ever. He would help any one in need and he would sacrifice everything he could to help out. I remember him gathering up food many times to take to families. He loved his only girl, ME!! He loved music and played so many different instruments. He loved God with ALL his heart and he loved to pray and read the Bible. If I could only be half what he was, I would be happy. I remember one time when I was out on a very late date. I came home and he was walking in the dark in the front yard praying for me. He never said a word, just went to bed. He will forever be in my heart. I love you, dad.
I hope all of you who still have your dad's will give them an extra hug because you still have them. And if your husband is a dad, well, appreciate him all you can.
I am not going to go to the camp out this weekend,
It's not that I don' t want to go camping, but it's just that I know how my knee is feeling and I know that I will come back hurting worse. It was a tough choice. So, I guess I will be stuck at home doing boring things.... We will see. It is Father's Day on Sunday, so we will celebrate Father's Day for Larry.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post. Father's are great! The memories in the here and now as well as the past. I am sure he was a great man. Happy Father's Day to your dad and all the dads!

    ReplyDelete