Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fire Protection and PRAYERS


My brother has been a volunteer Fireman in Eastern Washington for a very long time and this past week he got a call to come to the station NOW. He has been up on Badger Mountain with a large crew fighting a raging fire now for a week. On Wednesday last week he called me from top of the mountain and said, " I need you to call anyone you can that will pray for us up here. The winds are 50 - 78 mph and blowing walls of fire from ridge to ridge and exploding all over the place. They were in big danger and he needed people to pray for their protection. Later that night a wall of fire came right in front of them so close that they could feel the blast of heat on them and was covering them with an oily black soot. All of a sudden the fire abruptly stopped and split to the right and the left and then a wall of fire behind them. It didn't jump into the inner circle AT ALL. I know that God had HIS mighty hand of protection on them. There is POWER in prayer and he saw it first hand. The next day the winds died down a lot to give them a chance to work the fire. It is still burning out of control, so we are still praying for them and all the other fires burning all over. It is such a dangerous job and I am so thankful for all of those risking their lives for the safety of people in those areas.

3 comments:

  1. I've had my own power of pryer and instant gratification experience. If those don't make you believe prayer works than nothing will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 15, 2008

    Hi Irma,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit & your nice comments on my bridal baskets. I have enjoyed stopping by your front porch for a visit. Love the story you shared about your brother & how the power of prayer & God's mercy saved him & the others from the terrible fire. Will say my prayers for your brother & all of the awesome firefighters working very hard in such harsh conditions.
    I love your trailer it is so cute. My parents had a smaller trailer like that we used for camping & it was so cute inside. Your gorgeous aqua radio will look nice inside. I love the suitcase & remember my mom having a set like that. I have enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane this evening remembering all of the neat things like your finds at the antique shop. Take care & please stop by again sometime & I will stop by your front porch again for a visit.

    ReplyDelete