Monday, July 14, 2008

Antique Shopping Finds!

I found two very cool antique shops last Friday. One of them I got 3 of the Ball canning jars with the lid clamps in the aqua color, 2 quart and one pint. It would have been $26 for all three, but my friend running the shop, gave all three to me for $10! Cool!

Their shop opened up a sister shop that day so I scooted over to that one and I scored! I have been looking for an antique aqua radio for the trailer! It is a tube radio, which is hard to find these days, AND it works. At first I didn't think it did, but with the tube radios you have to let them warm up. It only has AM.... The first station I tuned into was KIXI that plays 50's style music! How perfect.


But.... check out the suitcase! It is a teal color with white trim. The inside is a dark rose color silky fabric that pulls over the clothes on one side. Beautiful shape!!! The white trim was all black. I couldn't believe how beautiful it cleaned up. There was no splits or scratches and all the hinges work. I got it for $7.00 That was a steal!!! I was pretty excited!
We are getting ready to go to a vintage trailer rally in August so these items will display nicely for my trailer. More pictures as I get my curtains made and get things done.


2 comments:

  1. Irma you find the best deals always! I love the suitcase, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    Great finds! Fixing up your vintage trailer sounds like so much fun. I have had several people stop by my blog lately that have vintage trailers. One gal is in a group and they have travel parties. What fun!

    ReplyDelete