Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day



What a wonderful relaxing Mother's Day. Angela and her family is the only one of my kids in Washington, so she was the only one I was able to be with. Both the boys live out of state, Jeremy in Illinois and Jason in Florida. They both called me and as usual made me cry! They both love to do that! (It doesn't take much, believe me!) I really miss the boys especially on Mother's Day. I miss getting their hugs.
We spent Saturday and Sunday with Angela. We didn't go anywhere, just hung out. We loved that. We got up on Sunday and sat and read the ads together. That is a fun thing for us. Angela got me a really pretty plant in a beautiful pot that said something about Mother's being a blessing that blooms forever. It is a flower that looks like an inside out orchid! It's very pretty. We played with the grandkids and played games. Then it was time to leave....the boys get really sad when we have to go. On the way home, Larry and I stopped in Lacy and had a very nice dinner at Applebee's. It was so very delicious. I have been having some trouble with my digestive system, so I wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I could have. All the same it was a great time together.
Larry got me a beautiful Hydrangia plant that is really hearty and I can't wait to get it planted. He also got a bird bath for the front yard garden area. He also got me a new Bible that is Hot Pink and very stylish! I loved it.
I also went to Home Depot and got some more flowers to plant in my planters. It looks so awesome! Can't wait to sit outside and enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, you deserve it. Sounds like your kids have it made in the "Mom" department! LUCKY. =) Happy Mother's Day Irma.

    ReplyDelete