Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mother's Day


To all the mother's.....God's Blessings! To my grandkids mother's.... I love you! I am so thankful for you. I pray that you get pampered on this special day to celebrate YOU! I am so thankful for my mother. She was such a light in my life. She taught me so much about living a happy peaceful life. She taught me how to make dinner from scratch and make it go a long ways. She taught me that life's joys is not based on having "stuff" and that money or the lack of money does not determine your happiness. She taught me the importance of loving your family and taking care of what you need. She taught me how to sew and how to cook. She taught me patience and discipline. That getting punished was good for me! She taught me how to love even though you don't agree with things the way they happen. She taught me that marriage is to be for the long haul and that it takes hard work to make it last a life time. She taught me about God and lived her life as an example of God's unconditional love and forgiveness. For all her sacrifices, I am so very thankful. I honor my mother, who is in Heaven. I miss you so much. Life isn't the same without you. I miss talking to you and I miss sharing life stuff with you. I know that I will see you again one day when we are reunited in Heaven. I look forward to that day! I love you momma.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful post. You are lucky to have such an insperation women as your mother. This makes me appreciate mine even more. Mom's are great and it is great being a mom! Have a Happy Mother's Day Irma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete