Monday, April 7, 2008

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MOM


Today is 3 years since my precious mom passed away!


This is me as a baby with my Mom and Dad. This house is my first home. It is still standing today. I can look out my window and see it. It was a very small house and there was 2 bedrooms with 4 of us kids in one room. We lived there until I was 4.

My mom and dad were wonderful people. Both of them were such awesome examples of God's love. We didn't have much as far as nice things, but a wealth of love and a awesome heritage of showing us how to love God and how to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. They showed us how to help people in need and how to be there for people that are hurting. They taught us that God's love in unconditional and how to forgive. How going to church was how we were able to learn about God and to worship Him. We learned from them about getting along with each other and that people make mistakes and you understand that we will all make mistakes in our lives, but we can always ask forgiveness and God is faithful to forgive.

Mom had TB when I was born and I didn't get to be with her for my whole first year. All 4 of us kids were farmed out to families because she had to stay in a hospital in Seattle for a year, while my dad worked. It was very difficult for her to be away from my dad and all of us kids. Especially after just having her girl. I lived with my Aunt and Uncle that had 3 girls, so they were my family for that year.

Mom was my best friend in the whole world. I will never forget when I went through my most difficult time of my life, when I didn't want to live, she just held me and loved me. She became my best freind that day. I will never forget that day.

I miss her so much and someday we will all be together again when we are reunited in Heaven. I know that I will see her and dad there as well as my daughter Jennifer Michelle.

Today I will put flowers on her grave and probably shed some tears, but I am doing better, as time does heal the deep grieving of her being gone.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Irma...
    You are a strong women and a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam, you are too!!!

    ReplyDelete