Monday, April 28, 2008

Being thankful for life!

What a busy weekend. Spend a lot of time getting things done around the house! Why is it that we end up doing housework on our day off? You would think that we would get all that done in the evenings so that we can relax on our day off. I got a kick in the hind end at church on Sunday on this. We had a lady come back from Iraq after her unit had been attacked. Several died and about 20 were injured. She was so thankful for life! She made the comment that she was sorry to her husband for fussing over the little stuff, like toothpaste on the faucett and leaving the toilet lid up etc. When you realize that life can be cut off so quickly, you realize that those little things are so stupid to fuss over. We get so used to having everything that we forget to be thankful for a job to go to and a house to clean. So, I will be thankful for every moment that I had this weekend. I will be thankful that I have a great husband that loves me and takes care of me and our place. I will not complain when I have to clean up his toothpaste off the faucet or other things that irritate me. He is good to me and loves me more than life, and for that I am very thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Men!! It could be worse you could be married to Ted Merrill!!! =)
    - That one was for Annie!

    ReplyDelete