Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FISHING ON THE PIER IN FLORIDA


Saturday night we went fishing on a mile long pier. It is all lit up and I could not believe how many people were out there. We had to wait in line to get on the pier because there was no spots avialable. It cost us $9.50 just to get on the pier. People had nets, Poles, crab cages and whatever else they call their gear. We put out 4 poles and waited! I have never gone fishing before, so it was all a new experience. It was fun watching Kansas and Jason be all excited about the whole experience. Jansas handed Jason the little bait fish and at one point told Jason that the fish were sleeping now and he could catch them easier! The fish were dead! Larry kept wanting me to hold the pole and feel the experience. I was having too much fun observing the whole thing. He went to the bathroom and after he left I sat down with his pole. I thought I would check the line and it felt a bit tight. I thought that maybe it was just the strong current. I tugged again and saw that the pole was bending a bit. I started realing it in and then I saw the big fish flipping in the water. I yelled at Jason that I had a fish! "What? No way!" I gave him the pole so I wouldn't loose it! The fish was called a Lady Fish. It was pretty good size! The hook had gone through his eye! Poor thing. We didn't want him to die and Jason said that it was not a very good fish for eating, so we threw him back in. Poor Larry missed it all. It was a Great experience~

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift, I am always the only one that catches a fish when we go out too. I hope that Lady Fish goes on to have a good life. Be FREE LADY!

    ReplyDelete