Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HUMP DAY!


Now don't get all excited, it's just Wednesday, Hump day! That reminds me of when we were in Illinois and on one of our drives by Chicago we saw a sign for speed bumps only the sign read "SPEED HUMP" ! That was so weird to me and quite funny. Got a picture of it. I guess that is what they call them. So it is good that this week is half way through. This week seems to be poking along.
Today a dozen donuts suddenly appeared in our office! HELP ME LORD!! It is now almost 9:30 and I have not even gone to look at them. I have asked Sam to help me stay away from them. I can say I am not going to have one, and then I will walk by and before you know it one is being stuffed down my throat. It's terrible. OK, so I will continue to persevere.
I am reminded today how important it is to speak what is good and how it keeps my attitude in check. When I hear a lot of negative, I must keep my focus on good things and not venture into that world with those who speak such negative things. It's very easy to be drawn into that and then it is a downward spiral from there. Pretty soon our moods are foul and it spills out on everyone around me. I am reminded that God says our tounge is the hardest thing to control! So I will keep my thoughts looking for the good to uplift our spirits and keep us focused.

1 comment: