Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My baby turns 30!!

Sunday was Angela's 30th birthday! Wow, it doesn't seem possible. Saturday her husband Tory pulled off a great surprise party at Hunter's Farm. It was a great place tucked into the corn maze. We even had a fire pit with a nice warm fire. It warmed my heart to see all these friends showing how much she is loved.

I decided that I would make 30 envelopes with 30 years of JOY that she has brought to our lives. I found a scrapbook calendar with all different events and colorful pages. I was able to put things for when she was small that was funny as well as special events like graduation, first boyfriend, wedding, pregnancy etc. It took her a while to open them all, but it was fun. Some of the things was just funny memories between her and I, but it was all things to say, YOU HAVE BROUGHT JOY TO OUR HEARTS. Of course there was confetti in most of them!

Angela was wondering why everyone was avoiding her calls. I knew that she would drill me with questions! I even left my phone in the car so she wouldn't be able to call me!! Now I can talk to her again!!! Yeah!!!!

I don't do the corn maze after being traumatized last year when we could not find our way out. It was frightening. We decided that we would have food, flashlights, horn, toilet paper and numerous other things with us if we ever would enter one again!!! Our list of things we would take got a little crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment