Sunday, December 14, 2008

I love the snow!!


It's more than just pretty white stuff that covers the ground. It's the fact that winter time is dirty and colorless, but when the snow falls it covers it all and it makes everything bright and clean. It reminds me of our lives when sin makes our lives look dirty and we loose the color of life in our face. Jesus promises to wash our sins away and make our heart whiter than the snow. How is that possible? It's only because he came as a baby in a manger to live among us and be human so that he could die for our sins and defeat death by rising and returning to His Father in Heaven and prepare a place for us to be with Him. How is it that children find it so easy to believe in Jesus, Santa, Easter bunny, the tooth fairy without any proof of any existence, but as adults we have to see it to believe it! There is proof all around us that God does exist. What if... what if you live your life as if none of it is real and then you die and discover, too late that it was all true? How sad. Jesus said that He came that we might have life, and have it more abundantly. I believe that to live knowing His love and forgiveness is how a person can have joy in the middle of difficult times. Facing crisis and pain, loss of loved ones and all the other pains of life is hard, but having Jesus means that we have His Holy Spirit to comfort us and to give us strength. We grow from difficult times and we are able to encourage others that face difficult times as well.
I look back at difficult things in my life and my bad choices and all I can say is that I am so thankful that God's love and his mercy doesn't run out. I know there have been times in my life that I felt like there was no more grace and that I had failed too many times, but I have come to realize that God's words are true and He does not lie. I have listened to the father of lies, satan way too many times in my life and I just want to remind myself today that he is a lire and the things that I hear in my ear of no hope and I am not forgiven and all those kinds of words are NOT of God and I choose to reject them and stand firm on God's promises in His Word.
So as I look out my window and see the beautiful white snow, it brings joy to my heart. It has reminded me of God's cleansing power and I give Him praise for this awesome reminder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment