Monday, December 15, 2008

Grandchild of the Month!!!

This is our grandson Blake Gustin. He's 8 years old and lives in Rochester Washington and he loves his grandma and grandpa. Angela told him that we were going to send him money for him to spend for Christmas and she wanted to know if he wanted to do that or have her buy him something and mark it from Grandpa and Grandma. He told her that he didn't want to take our money and that all he wanted from us was to have us come over and spend time with him. AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

She said that he had tears in his eyes when he was saying that. She called me to tell me about what he said. She told him that I was on the phone so he wanted to talk to me. I told him how sweet that was and he asked me if I wanted him to repeat it to me! How funny was that! So, he had to tell me what he said. He was so sweet!!

For many years after our kids left home we had this joke that if they called us they would make points to be the child of the month and we would put their picture in the middle over the fireplace! Since Blake said this sweet thing, I told her that Blake was the Grandkid of the month!

New tradition! She forgot to tell me something and called me back, that makes her CHILD OF THE MONTH.... two calls in one day! Actually I have talked to her 4 times today. I love it!
Then again, Jason did fly all the way from Florida and spent 2 weeks here!! It might just out do all the other votes for Child of the Month!
Good times!!!

1 comment:

  1. great post Irma and your grandson takes the "cake" and the prized spot over the mantle. I am very blessed that both my sons call home often...almost every day. When ever either one calls, when I pick up the phone I always say "hello favorite son". LOL... They both know I say it to both of them. I wish for you the best Christmas ever.

    ReplyDelete