Monday, September 29, 2008


A real life story, written by my oldest son.
"I don't remember who I have shared this to, but here is a revised edition on a story I wrote about a real life example god gave to me one day. It has been really helpful to me when I feel like I am buzzing in the "wind" trying to get my "own" way.
I was waiting in the car while my wife was getting something in the house. I noticed this fly buzz in our car, While I had the door wide open. He instantly buzzed through my car and went to the opposite window where I was. He started banging over and over and over again trying to get out...did I say over and over? Well he was really really bouncing on that window trying to get out. He saw a way out that he thought was the best way in his mind. He was very persistent. finally he flew to solid ground on my dashboard. He paused and took a long breath for a while. Then I saw him clean him self up, renewing himself. While this was going on, I felt like a father or thought of a heavenly father that was right next to the path that he needed to go. It was so obvious to me because I saw the big picture. I kept quiet and just let him do his thing because I knew he needed to find it on his own without me pushing him so he could learn a "lesson". I actually laughed to my self and thought...you big dummy look around, your way out is bigger than the small little window "or problem" you are banging on. Just stop and look. Finally after the fly cleaned himself up he chose this really narrow path on the dashboard to walk across in my car. When he reached the other side, he seemed to have instantly realized his mistake and flew off into his freedom.
Do you ever feel like this....alone, choosing your path, not knowing that the path that you are on, is the wrong one. Constantly trying to get your way, banging and pushing, trying to force things that are literally imposable to do on your own. Sometimes I think you just need to take a break and look at the big picture. Relax and "clean yourself up" by looking to God. Ask him for clear direction and for him to clean up your mind, body and soul. Sometimes the right path in our life is right behind us and we are to blind just to stop and look around...or stubborn to ask God. Look what is going on behind you." Jeremy Reed, Illinois

2 comments:

  1. That is too cool. I probably would have freaked out and shoed him away as fast as I could! Lol
    Very cool way to look at life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think he got that by watching a little fly!

    ReplyDelete