Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sleep baby Jesus

Today makes me a bit sad because I took all the Christmas decorations down. It looks so bare now! I love all the lights, displays of the nativity, lights in the yard and all that goes with it. Now the yard is bare, the wall lacking the sparkle of lights where the star shown bright above the nativity, the place the Christmas tree stood is now bare and dark and all the boxes have been put away in the attic. The only thing left is the Christmas memories. There is this one thing that I know, the baby Jesus is now warm and dry and will enjoy the next 10 months wrapped in place out of the winter snow and rain. He played his part well as he showed the world what the true meaning of Christmas really is. He will take his place in the attic along with the three wise men from last years display.
As I feel sad about all this joy being removed again, I am reminded that Christmas is not just in December! Jesus came as a baby in a manger, but he grew up and became our Saviour that died for our sins. He rose again to defeat sin and death and make a way for us to have eternal life with Him. So today I close with the words to Silent Night.....

Silent Night, Holy Night all is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy Infant so tender & mild
Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Sleep in Heavenly Peace!

So, little baby that represents Jesus, sleep tight!!



1 comment:

  1. We took our Christmas decorations down tonight. You're right, it is a bit sad, but I suppose like you say the "reason for the season" is really year-round.

    ReplyDelete