Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions?


What is it about January? As soon as the clock strikes midnight our mind starts thinking that all of a sudden we can change everything that we don't like about ourselves. Some people decide that they are going to stop smoking, drinking or loose weight or some other promise that we have made time and time again. I decided, again, that I would get off of sugar! I did this one time before for a whole year and as soon as that clock struck midnight, all I wanted was anything and everything with sugar in it!! I said I would never do that again, but here I am making that same weak promise to myself. I know how hard it is to do this, but I need to get in control.

I am glad that the promised that God makes to us is not so weak. When God gives me a promise, He is able to carry out the promise even if I struggle to believe it. I know that God promises He will never leave me, but I find myself thinking that He is not there. That can't be because then He would be a liar and that is not possible.

So, I need to think about making some different kind of resolutions.

Laugh more, Laughter is a way to clear the mind of "stuff" .... get the giggles!!!

Spend more time with friends and have people over more often.

Create a wall in my house that has pictures of Friends and pray for them often!

Find something good to say about everyone.

Spend more time with my grand kids, this is always a goal!

Dance and sing more!

Find new places to explore or camp!

There are many things that I want to do and enjoy, but there are so many things that I want to do better. I will be asking for God's strength to do these things and not set myself up for failure. I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for 2009. I pray that this year is filled with blessings and strength to accomplish all that God has for me! I pray that for my friends and family as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment